Old August 21st 03, 01:34 PM
Damien McBain

Lee wrote:
Hi

My P3 1ghz was 60c - 63c idle at one point, i removed the hsf cleaned
the base rubbed thermal compound onto base to get rid of cracks/gaps
reapplied thermal compound to processor core but back together now my
temps are reporting around 50 - 53c idle :-) got a 10 degree c drop
in temp by just cleaning the hsf and reapplying thermal compound.

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 06:42:38 GMT, Muppet Pasta
put his keys in ignition and wrote:

hi,

One week ago my cpu idle temp was around 42 degrees C. This week it
has jumped to 52 degrees, while the case temp has remained at a
constant 35 degrees.

A week ago it only got to 52 dC under heavy load!

Why would this happen? The HSF is still on solidly & is running at
the same fan speed as when i bought it 18 months ago.

Is it possible the CPU is defective

---
Lee.

39 deg here