Old August 21st 03, 10:14 AM
JOE

after cleaning fan a drop of 3 and1 machine oil would be good.
"Muppet Pasta" wrote in message
s.com...
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 07:21:58 GMT, Lee
wrote:

Hi

My P3 1ghz was 60c - 63c idle at one point, i removed the hsf cleaned the
base rubbed thermal compound onto base to get rid of cracks/gaps

reapplied
thermal compound to processor core but back together now my temps are
reporting around 50 - 53c idle :-) got a 10 degree c drop in temp by just
cleaning the hsf and reapplying thermal compound.

i did this recently. i was thinking that maybe i should lightly sand
the bottom of the HS smooth. ??

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 06:42:38 GMT, Muppet Pasta

put
his keys in ignition and wrote:

||hi,
||One week ago my cpu idle temp was around 42 degrees C. This week it
||has jumped to 52 degrees, while the case temp has remained at a
||constant 35 degrees.
||A week ago it only got to 52 dC under heavy load!
||Why would this happen? The HSF is still on solidly & is running at the
||same fan speed as when i bought it 18 months ago.
||Is it possible the CPU is defective

---
Lee.