Old July 5th 04, 12:11 AM
David Maynard

Spajky wrote:
On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 12:06:05 -0500, pgtr wrote:

I've got an old ABit ZM6 (PPGA360) MoBo and picked up an old Celeron
566 coppermine (cB0) which the board DOES support ....

Basically it will post 850mhz all day long about 1.75V to 1.80V or
better. It will boot into DOS(w95) easily as well using a boot disk.

Here's the odd behavior: It is a ONE-TIME run session immediately
after a BIOS Flash for Win2K specifically.

Try clearing CMOS and reentering your parameters.

I CAN also get back into Win2K if I drop the FSB down to 66 for a
stock 566 speed (and of course old DOS at 850mhz too).

But remember I CANNOT get BACK into Win2K a SECOND time if I do a
restart or power it down.

Yes, well, simply saying "it's broke" doesn't provide many clues. What the
heck does it DO when it doesn't 'get back into Win2K'? Hang? Crash? reboot?
Spew some message at you? And at what point in the shutdown or boot?

It runs win2K fine 'one-time'? (whatever the heck 'one-time' means).

What was the purpose of the flash and what 'changes' does the update say it
makes? That may have a clue.

Set your memory timings to the slowest possible and see if that helps.

And also remember that this machine has run for years at 100FSB w/ a
366 OC'd to 550 under the same Win2K setup.

check for bad caps ...