Old September 3rd 03, 11:26 PM
Mitchua

"kony" wrote in message
On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 17:33:26 GMT, "Mitchua" wrote:

I'm wondering if you installed an extra motherboard mounting stud...
you know the one, used by mATX boards and some ATX but not that board.

Looking at a picture of a A7V266-E, the stud would be on the left
side, lower middle, just to the left of the Winbond Super I/O chip
(keyboard controller).

I don't understand, I should have a stud there? Right now there are
mounting screws at the top-left, top-middle, middle-left, bottom-left,
bottom-middle. Is that correct? Those are all the spots that my ATX

case
has mounts.

Yes, that sound fine. Many ATX cases also have spots for mATX board
studs, and a few full ATX boards do have holes where the mATX stud is,
but often they don't. On a mATX the bottom-left stud would be just to
the left of that Winbond I/O chip on your board.. if you had
accidentally installed a stud there then installed the board, the stud
would be completely covered, no longer visable, but possibly shorting
the back of the board, especially after doing something that might
flex it, like moving the system or working within the case.

Here's the stud-location I mean:
http://216.71.121.115/usr_1034/stud.jpg

Gotcha