Old September 3rd 03, 07:48 AM
Mitchua

I tried temporarily connecting my reboot switch to the "keyboard" pins and
that seemed to fix it. Might I accidently have made contact between the
pins and caused the computer to think I wanted the keyboard locked?

Thanks for everyone who replied,
Mitchua

"Mitchua" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
Ok, this is a really weird problem. I just installed a new hard drive on

my
Asus A7V266-E mobo and now when I boot up, I get the message "Keyboard is
locked out - Unlock the key" after the POST. Here's the strange part,

when
I lay my PC on its side, I don't get the message and the PC boots up fine.
While the PC is running, if I stand it up again the keyboard stops

working!
What the heck is going on? There were some forums I found on Google that
suggested it could be a problem with grounding but there doesn't seem to

be
anything moving when I move my PC around. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
Mitchua