Old September 3rd 03, 07:14 AM
kony

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 23:16:40 GMT, "Mitchua" wrote:

Ok, this is a really weird problem. I just installed a new hard drive on my
Asus A7V266-E mobo and now when I boot up, I get the message "Keyboard is
locked out - Unlock the key" after the POST. Here's the strange part, when
I lay my PC on its side, I don't get the message and the PC boots up fine.
While the PC is running, if I stand it up again the keyboard stops working!
What the heck is going on? There were some forums I found on Google that
suggested it could be a problem with grounding but there doesn't seem to be
anything moving when I move my PC around. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
Mitchua

I'm wondering if you installed an extra motherboard mounting stud...
you know the one, used by mATX boards and some ATX but not that board.

Looking at a picture of a A7V266-E, the stud would be on the left
side, lower middle, just to the left of the Winbond Super I/O chip
(keyboard controller).

Dave