Old June 27th 04, 12:58 AM
Princess Morgiah

"smh" wrote in message
Princess Morgiah wrote:
"smh" wrote...

My problem is solved - I have just uninstalled Nero and reinstalled it

again
without applying the patch mentioned in the internet article. Now I can

burn
discs again.

Patch? Internet article? Could you give the link?

Sure - http://www.ormsby.ca/spazmogen/ but I think it has turned into a 404
by now

On this page it is mentioned that you should patch Nero to at least version
5.x (I don't know the exact version anymore).

What's the max rated speed of the Ritek CD-R?

The max rated speed is 48x, and the medium is Philips Silver Premium 80
minutes.

Why are you burning at 1x?

I don't know whether it's true, but I once read an article claiming the
lower the speed, the better the burn. Something to do with a longer that

the
laser has to burn that 'spot' on a disc.

That was the wisdom long time ago. Use Plex Tools to measure and
compare the C1, C2 errors for discs burned at 1x and 16x (or 24x).

Aha - I'll give it a go, see what interesting results it'll turn out.
Thanks!

Besides, why not? It's not like I'm in a hurry to burn a lot of discs.

There are many crying why they couldn't burn at the max speed.

I can imagine that. But as I stated before, I'm not burning an amount of
discs that large, and my machine is running most of the time when I'm not at
work, so time is not of the essence here either.

Try the burn speed selected by Nero?

That would be 1x as well, as proposed to me in the dialog box - it keeps

the
settings of previous burns.

Try selecting 16x or 24x from the speed drop down box.

I knew that - I though you meant that Nero would select some sort of default
write speed for me (which it does - the previous one I took).

Thanks,

Princess Morgiah