Old June 26th 04, 11:00 PM
smh

' --------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes !! )

Princess Morgiah wrote:
"smh" wrote...

My problem is solved - I have just uninstalled Nero and reinstalled it again
without applying the patch mentioned in the internet article. Now I can burn
discs again.

Patch? Internet article? Could you give the link?

What's the max rated speed of the Ritek CD-R?

The max rated speed is 48x, and the medium is Philips Silver Premium 80
minutes.

Why are you burning at 1x?

I don't know whether it's true, but I once read an article claiming the
lower the speed, the better the burn. Something to do with a longer that the
laser has to burn that 'spot' on a disc.

That was the wisdom long time ago. Use Plex Tools to measure and
compare the C1, C2 errors for discs burned at 1x and 16x (or 24x).

Besides, why not? It's not like I'm in a hurry to burn a lot of discs.

There are many crying why they couldn't burn at the max speed.

Try the burn speed selected by Nero?

That would be 1x as well, as proposed to me in the dialog box - it keeps the
settings of previous burns.

Try selecting 16x or 24x from the speed drop down box.