Old June 26th 04, 09:05 PM
Princess Morgiah

"Mike Richter" wrote in message
Though Plexwriters tend to be well behaved with overburning out to 95
minutes, you might have damaged the drive slightly. "Unable to perform
fixation" means that the runout is incomplete; since modern players need
very little runout, that may be okay.

95 minutes? I didn't go so far, I only went to about 90 minutes. I doubt the
drive got damaged, since all burns worked after that one overburn - as I
mentioned in my reply to smh, the problem was solved by reinstalling Nero
(without patch).

The messages are distracting, but not critical as you have discovered.
In fact, it may be even less. Try writing without verifying; if that
gives no error, then the problem is only timing of the carriage
returning to start verification. If you're writing TAO, try DAO - that
means less movement on the mechanical assembly.

Ok, I'll keep it in mind.

If you can isolate this to the mechanics and the drive is in warranty,
see if you can get it replaced or repaired by Plextor.

Nope - no warranty, not anymore...

Thanks for your reply,

Princess Morgiah