Old June 26th 04, 08:21 PM
smh

' --------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes !! )

Princess Morgiah wrote:

Some time ago I asked for some help on how to burn a 90 minute disc. I was
able to burn the disc, but ever since I created that disc, I am stuck with
the following error: could not perform fixation. The writer is a Plextor
CD-R, PX-320a, and I am using Nero Burning Rom (5.5.10.56).

When I try to burn a CD-R, everything goes well right until the end when the
verification process starts, then it fails with the aforementioned error.
Besides this error, anoter is displayed: logical unit not ready, operation
in progress.

The first time it occured, I thought it was because I was watching TV with
my Hauppage TV card (which has given me troubles in the past), but now the
error keeps occuring.

The resulting disc seem to turn out fine: all files expected to be on the
disc are there, can be copied and verify correctly (CRC check with other
tools).

23:09:04 #10 Text 0 File DlgWaitCD.cpp, Line 1703
Recorder: PLEXTOR CD-R PX-320A;
CDR code: 00 97 15 17; OSJ entry from: Ritek Co.

23:09:16 #16 Phase 36 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1655
Burn process started at 1x (150 KB/s)

23:57:02 #28 Phase 38 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1655
Burn process failed at 1x (150 KB/s)

What's the max rated speed of the Ritek CD-R?
Why are you burning at 1x?

Try the burn speed selected by Nero?