Old November 23rd 03, 09:07 PM
Todd H.

"Some Guy" writes:
Hi,

I'd like to know what problems to expect if i try to split my cable internet
line right before the modem to accomodate a new TV tuner card.

My line looks like this:

CATV Jack - Cable Company Installed Splitter:
Splitter output 1 goes to my TV in the living room (which I will split to
reconnect the upstarirs TV in the master bedroom.
Splitter Output 2 goes on a long journey to my room to my modem. I'd like to
split this line just before the modem and have:
Splitter 2 - Output 1 to Modem, Output 2 to Tuner.

What can I do to keep signal strength up?

A high quality splitter, high quality cables, and proper termination
of all signal lines (e.g. don't leave one unconnected after the
splitter).

Aside from that, there's really no way for anyone here to tell you
what to expect aside from that, as it depends on the strength of the
signal at your particular house. Odds are, it won't cause a
problem..and if it does, it's trivial for you to undo the change and
divine another way to drag cable to your TV tuner card.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/