Old August 9th 04, 08:58 AM
Paul Atreides

In article bmQQc.546$4E1.544@trndny07, says...
Hi,
If this isn't the right place to ask the question, a point in the right
direction would be helpful.

I search google but couldn't come up with an answer. I have a DVD-CD/RW
drive and a CD/RW drive in my PC. Using EAC I test and copy a CD. Most
tracks have track quality 100% some are 99.9%, Read and Test CRCs match. I
then put the CD in the second drive, and test and copy a track that had 100%
track quality. CRC comes up different and file size is slightly different
(~6KB on 26mb flac encoded file). Both drives are extracting in secure mode.

So why the difference? Is this normal? TIA.

Hi,

It's probably due to the drive offset. Have you determined what the
offset is for each drive ? then there is an option to fill missing
samples with 0 and another option to overread in lead in and lead out
if the drive supports it.

That means that it is impossible to make a perfect copy of an audio CD.

--
ICQ# 114297372