Old November 8th 04, 07:10 PM
Reed Loefgren

Default Off Group: Decent preamp for use with A7N8X Deluxe 2.0

I want to rip some vinyl to .wav files. It's my understanding I'll
need a preamp between the turntable and the computer. I saw one by
Radio Shack but they aren't kept in stock and RS can't give me a
delivery date. Don't know where to begin looking for one and I'm not
clued in enough to this type of stuff to see through any sales
pitches.

Can someone suggest an actual brand/model of preamp that will work but
won't fry the ASUS? I am using a magnetic cartridge on this
not-very-high-end turntable.

Thx,