Old March 26th 09, 08:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.networking
YKhan

Default Win XP's Universal Plug and Play Device Host service starts andthen stops immediately

On Mar 26, 8:57*am, "David B." wrote:
As the description said, it will stop if it's not needed, is there some
reason why you think you need to have it running constantly?

Well, because it used to run constantly, and recently I started having
some random port-forwarding problems on some applications that use
UPNP. I have a UPNP diagnostic program called UPNPTest which I use to
troubleshoot UPNP problems, and it mentioned that this service was not
running.

So you are saying that this service isn't needed by applications that
use UPNP? What sort of things are considered UPNP devices? Would
routers be such?

Yousuf Khan