Old September 19th 03, 02:44 PM
alvin york

"PlucknGro" wrote in message
Hi,
I am getting a new computer. I need to move the hard drive on the
old machine onto the new machine without loss of data on it.

If I disconnect the said hard drive from its power supply, can i then
just move it over to the new motherboard and plug it in? Will the
data all be there or will it be wiped out as soon as I disconnect the
power? Is the HD just like a floppy which you can pop out and take to
a new machine and put it in?

You are confusing a hard drive's ability to store data Permanently with RAM
which loses everything in its memory when power is turned off.

I need to know for sure before I open up the case, remove the hd and
move it over. I cannot afford to lose my precious data!

Please advise only if u know for sure. Thank u.