Old September 19th 03, 12:22 AM
Vadim

Fisrt at all, back up data

If you are not planing to bootup new computer from this hard drive and
your new computer will have compatable OS and your new computer support
type of hard drive your have, then yes, moving is no problem. But you
can not book your new computer from OS installed on old computer without
additional work.

PlucknGro wrote:
Hi,
I am getting a new computer. I need to move the hard drive on the
old machine onto the new machine without loss of data on it.

If I disconnect the said hard drive from its power supply, can i then
just move it over to the new motherboard and plug it in? Will the
data all be there or will it be wiped out as soon as I disconnect the
power? Is the HD just like a floppy which you can pop out and take to
a new machine and put it in?

I need to know for sure before I open up the case, remove the hd and
move it over. I cannot afford to lose my precious data!

Please advise only if u know for sure. Thank u.