Old May 9th 07, 02:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
kony

Default "Bird Chirping" Noise Hard drive, seagate only?

On Tue, 08 May 2007 13:45:37 -0400, Bob Brown INC.
wrote:

Got a 7200.10 drive, the 320gb sata II one
It has LOADS of complaints of BIRD CHIRPING noises, many many
complaints.

I see this for no other hard drive, nothing near this many complaints.

It's happening to me, yet the drive never freezes, gives errors or
fails to boot or load programs.
It's FAST, so what is the deal?
Shouldn't a failing hard drive have more symptoms than that BIRD
CHIRPING sound?

It seriously sounds like you have a PARROT or some BIRD chirping,
chirp, now and then, in your room.

I hope you have a full backup, all the desktop drives I've
heard make that sound failed within a few months (if not far
sooner).