Old March 15th 05, 10:33 PM
jerome

pk1 a écrit:
i hope someone here can help..

i have a 7800, the hardrive died on me, it has a dvd rom and no floppy
i have got a new hardrive but i cannot get it to boot off the xp cd as
it is set to boot of the hardrive. and doesnt go beyond that, it says
no system drive..etc..

ok , how can i install the setup disk and the diag disk manually? can i
make a partition on the drive in my other pc and then just copy the
files there? or is that not possible.

i have downloaded a personal computer diags disk maker appfrom compaqs
hp website and run that to make the floppy , i also have the setup
disk.

this is what i have done.

in a spare pc i have put the new hardrive on its own and tried to boot
off the diag floppy.. no joy the floppy doesnt boot theres nothing on
there to boot off anyway just the diag tools.

so any info would be goood..

is there a way to set this drive up without the damn floppy drive?

i have a floppy drive here but its a usb one and it wont boot off that
as the damn bios is set up not to..

si

I think your best option is to get a 7700/7800 floppy drive frome Ebay
(they are a lot of them for $10) and to boot from a setup floppy, which
then offers a tool to create the diagnostcs partition on your new HDD.