Old January 31st 05, 07:26 PM
goolu

Default Can Nero Burning ROM read Linux ISO file ?

Hi,

I'm a newbie to Linux and want to install Red Hat Linux in my PC. I
downloaded the ISO files of RH9 from net and try to use NERO (version
5.0.5.1) to produce CD from the ISO files. However, I found NERO
couldn't read those ISO files although it's open file option has ISO
file as one of it's readable file type. Finally, I need to use
MagicISO to extract the .rpm files from the downloaded ISO files and
continue with installation.

PS: My MagicISO is just a trial version so it lacks the burn CD from
ISO file function. Only the NERO is a formal copy.

I would like to ask will higher version of NERO could read ISO file of
Linux software ? Or ISO files for Windows softwares are different from
that of Linux based softwares such that NERO could never read those
Linux software ISO files.