Old July 10th 07, 07:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Leon Nabot

Default DVD+RW identified as DVD-ROM

En ce jour Mon, 09 Jul 2007 06:55:11 -0700, smh a écrit:

What happens if you choose 'Erase Disc' in [Nero CD-DVD Speed, Extra]?
Is the Erase button grayed out?

DVDInfo also has Erase function:
http://www.dvdinfopro.com

I used CloneCD and it says that the disk is not "erasable". I also used
the little program Superblank but it failed also.

Finally, I solved the problem using the command "dvd+rw-format -force"
under Linux. This have erased the disk and re-initialized it.

Note that the root cause of the problem seems related to a strange
interaction, during the burning phase, with one of the "Virtual CD/DVD
readers" installed on my system (Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools). After
having uninstalled both, I can burn the DVD+RW and the medias remains
recognizable as RW and not ROM.

Now I must find which soft causes the problem and if it's possible to
change this behaviour with the settings of the program.

Rgds

Léo