Old October 1st 03, 07:02 PM
PawsForThought

From: kony

300W in a name-brand such as those should be fine, with 350W offering
even more reserve capacity. Either of the models you mentioned should
be adequate for your system, but the prices look a bit higher than I'm
used to seeing.

Thanks so much, Dave. I was going to buy from the newegg.com site you listed.
However, I had to go to CompUSA for something and I had a $20 gift card. I was
looking at their power supplies but they were pretty expensive. Then the
salesperson said they had some open box ones. I told them I didn't want one
that had been returned. He said these are ones that have been opened in store
and taken out of the box. I had my doubts. But nevertheless I asked to see
what they had. He brought out a 400W with a CompUSA brand sticker on it. It's
chrome and it has 2 fans, one of them being belly mounted. He told me they are
actually made by Antec but that CompUSA puts their sticker on it. I opened the
box and the screws, warranty card and power cable were still sealed in bag and
everything looked new and in good condition. I asked the price. He told me it
was half off the $69.99 regular price. So that made it $35, plus with my free
$20 gift card I had gotten previously, it came out to $15. So, with that in
mind, I decided to get it, figuring that since my computer is 3 years old
already and I don't really want to drop a lot of money into it. What do you
think?

They told me they could install it for me for free but that I would have to
leave my computer for 4 to 7 days. I want to attempt this myself and I see
what you were talking about with the cables for all the drives. Maybe I can
find a website for some more instructions?

Two things to watch out for are to check the voltage switch on the
back (if it has one) next to the power cord. It should be set
appropriate to the AC in your region (110V vs 220).

I looked on the back of the PSU and right now it's in position of 115. Is that
right? I live in the USA.