Old August 15th 11, 10:47 PM posted to comp.os.os2.setup.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.os.os2.misc,comp.os.os2.apps
Dariusz Piatkowski

Default Enabling SMP

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 15:36:19 UTC, Jonathan de Boyne Pollard
wrote:

It's unfortunate that these two acronyms are so easily confused.

Especially when, as it seems here, conversation is about to turn to the
way that Advanced Programmable Interrupt Controllers are dealt with in
the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface. (-:

Alright now...LOL, my MSI BIOS does what it does...you may have whatever ideas
you have on how things should work...and I don't even necessairly disagree with
you, however, it is what it is.

In my MSI mb BIOS, as I previously described, the IOAPIC option ONLY shows up in
the menu when the ACPI mode is enabled. End of story.

C'mon man...accept that a vendor has chosen to implement something in a
particular way and deal with it...don't make that fact an overarching difficulty
for our conversation here. For the most part anyways you are merely pointing out
how you think BIOS settings should be, but I do not see any real examples you
are using to illustrate to us why and how it impacts OS2...

That's a load of old twaddle, ascribing to me things that I never wrote.

Look...I have no quarrel with you...honestly, and I already said this, I
seriously appreciate the input folks like yourself can provide to the community.

My response was simply to address something you DID write in one of your posts
stating how things simply didn't work the way I was posting about
them...meanwhile, all I did was to try to re-create as closely as I could the
screens my BIOS showed...heck, I even found the best matching posts of such
screens from another MSI motherboard to illustrate what I was talking about and
included the URLs in my post for reference. Meanwhile your response was to say
how MSI got it wrong and we were therefore all confused...LOL!

YES...I accept the fact that if MSI had the wrong description of a BIOS function
then it certainly made me misunderstand the functionality...to correct this I
ask the OS community...I welcome all such feedback.