Old August 23rd 19, 03:32 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.periphs.printers
Eric Stevens

Default Windows 10 and Laser printer

On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 18:22:48 -0500, Rene Lamontagne

On 2019-08-22 2:39 p.m., Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 14:00:03 -0500, Johnny wrote:

On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 13:15:14 -0500

Maybe Windows 10 just stopped supporting it. I think I remember you
saying it was an old printer.

Then he should find an exclamation mark in the list of drivers for his
printer.

there is no listing for my printer in Windows, The driver I have been
using is the original OKI driver since about 2009.

Was Windows 10 installed back in 2009? I understand that you mitigated
from an earlier Windows version to Windows 10 and the printer worked fine
for some time. But recently suddenly refused to work. Then there should
be an exclamation mark when you list your drivers.

Since you mentioned it works with Linux and you have a spare PC, install
Linux on it to be a print server Windows clients can use.

Got it worked out, after trying everything I could think of (Except
standing on my head and yodeling). :-)
I started looking through all the files in the folder where I had
installed the Oki C51200GDEA.exe driver and finally found an inf file,
on a hunch I right clicked on it and there was an *install* option, So I
clicked it and then went back to devices and printers page and there it
was,Thank all the Deities that I got it working again.
The path was Okidata c5150_5200 English gdi 32 or 64 bit
Ok7242he.inf right click install.

That was a great feeling as that printer was $700.00 when I bought it
and its been trouble free for all those years.
I don"t know exactly what caused the problem or why that fixed it, But
i do know from years back that an inf file with an install option is
always worth a try.

Thanks to all who tried to help.

I don't know when I got into the the habit but over the years I have
saved an 'Inwards' folder which itself contains folders:

Acronis
Adobe
Agent 8
Agent Ransack
Apple
Arcam
Belarc Advisor
etc. ...

.... which in contain copies of all the files (and more folders) of the
software which installed the software on which I depend. For example I
have one:

Oki C5600 C5600_C5600Win7x64_ENU226_tcm3-364...

.... which installs the driver for the OKI C5600. I don't know how I
would do a complete reinstall of Windows without all this.

--

Eric Stevens

There are two classes of people. Those who divide people into
two classes and those who don't. I belong to the second class.