Old December 15th 07, 03:12 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Star@*.*

Default Media Direct (No longer direct)

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 13:25:11 -0600, Journey wrote:
Journey

As far as Vista restore, I did that once and it was not nearly as easy
as on XP -- I think I had to have the OS disk and go through a few
more steps.

Yes you are right with the Vista restore from a Image file.
I have had to do this several times for friends? who let their
kids stuff the computer.
Everytime after the Image restore (Ghost or True Image) on
boot Vista says it needs to correct a problem and requires a reboot
from the Vista DVD. Only takes a couple of seconds to do not like
the repair on XP if needed which takes forever.
Sorry for the people with HP and other brands that don't come with
a DVD. All the people that needed help and had a Dell or white box
with OEM DVD got their systems back in great shape. The one HP and
two friends? that had Acer were SOL and had to do a full restore from
the built in restore. The HP person of course had not made their
restore DVD so they were turned over to HP. Can't/Won't comment on
their experience.

Art