Old December 14th 07, 06:24 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Joelee

Default Media Direct (No longer direct)

I have an XPS M1330 laptop. Media Direct functioned correctly for about 3
months, but then I had the motherboard replaced and after that when I ran
media direct the logo appeared at startup but it no longer goes directly to
the media direct shell. Instead Vista is installed and all the other
programs that install when Vista is installed. It is only after that, that
the Media Direct Shell appears.

I discussed the issue with a Dell Chat Tech and was advised that I would
have to do a Dell factory restore to get it working again. I have done that
2 times with no luck. I still can only get to Media direct after Vista has
been fully installed. It works fine that way but I would have liked to get
to it without the operating system being installed as it once did.

One other point I should make is that I have not been able to get to the
Dell factory restore and pressing Ctrl + F11 as I did before the motherboard
replacement. I was advise by Dell Chat that in Vista I have to press F5 at
startup which which got me to factory restore.

I would appreciate any help I can get to be able get to media direct more
directly as I once did.
Thanks.