Old October 24th 03, 03:52 AM
Bob

Heh - that was one of the things I double checked, it was plugged into the
same socket the old fan was (FAN1 I think its called). Not sure if it
really means anything but the colours of the wires for the Zalman fan and my
old one are the same and in the same order.

Also, just remembered - the Zalman Fanmate1 thing (wondered who thought that
name up!) that comes with this heatsink was turned to full speed. I even
tried it without the Fanmate in the circuit.

"Quixote" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
I've just installed a Zalman 7000A heatsink/fan to try to quiet down my
system. Unfortunately when I plug everything back in and power up, the
system only gets power for a few seconds then everything turns off.

During
those few seconds all the fans spin up, so everything is plugged in
properly, the system just keeps turning off.

I put back my old heatsink (put the noise protectors back over my ears)

and
they system boots up fine. Pheew - not killed it!

Has anyone else managed to get one of these Zalman heatsinks/fans to

work
with their ABit KD7 motherboards? I'm thinking maybe it has something

do
with the fan speed or cpu heat protection thingys this motherboard has.

Any suggestions would be great, since I have to take the motherboard out

reinstall this heatsink (screws screw in from the underneath) and I'd

like
to have some idea that could fix it.

Not sure of the requirements of you motherboard, or the pin connection of
the Zalman, but if you are not plugging the fan into the cpu fan header on
the motherboard then it may interpret that as no fan on the cpu and be
shutting down. If none of this applies then ignore. Just my knee jerk
reaction.

Quixote