Old July 28th 03, 12:54 PM
Gary Ellington

I've got a WD 120gb working on my A7N8X-Deluxe SATA right now. Using the
Highpoint RocketHead converter. I installed WinXP and all drivers
(including the SATA driver) using the standard IDE controller, shutdown,
switched cables, rebooted, never looked back.

HTH,
Gary

"Beemer Biker" wrote in message
y.com...
Anybody got a standard WD or Maxtor EIDE working with a SATA adapter? I
have just got in my A7N8X mombo and discovered the serial ata stuff.

Newegg
has one for $25 and referred to an asus url
http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/mb_accessories.htm#sata
unaccountably, the image and other info does not show up under my IE6, but

dont see the A7N8X listed in the text that did print up. Anyone got this

or
any other dongle working.

The system I am building (pulling parts from a cuv4x) will have 4 ide plus

scsi cdburner; but if I get one of the IDE working with that serial ata
adapter I can get rid of the scsi and use a plain IDE CDR that I already
have that is faster. I only had the scsi because all 4 of the ide were

used

Has anyone put a CDROM , CDR DVD, or LS120 on a serial ata adapter?