Old November 23rd 04, 09:51 PM
Jan Alter

For every mb that I've built in the last 4 years I have not used any fiber
or copper washers top or bottom. I would suggest you ignore them completely
in your build. Simply take care to tighten but not overdo it. If you come
across a spot on the mounting plate of the case that there is no dimple or
needs a screw in or squeeze on spacer to mount your mb then use what came
with the case. That should be all that's necessary.

--
Jan Alter

or

"Al Smith" wrote in message
I'm trying to build my first home-build computer.(Asus A7N8X-E)

Good choice.

And now I have a question about how I do installing my MoBo in the case.I
have fit those copper things to keep the distants between the case and
the
MoBo.

Be very careful that you don't put a brass spacer somewhere behind the
board, then forget it's there when you fit the motherboard into the case.
It could short out the board if it makes contact with the circuits on the
back. Just keep track of them and make sure you have a screw hole on the
motherboard for each spacer you put onto the case.

On the MoBo side I have to fit these little ring for the electrical
insulation (or is this isolation!!!)
Whatever, my question is::do I fit those rings on both sides, or just on
the
top side of the MoBo.

Those little paper rings are just extras. You don't need them. The board
is designed to be insulated from the brass spacers at the screw holes.