Old January 2nd 04, 12:41 PM

Default AMD Barton 2500 prices

Thought they would be going way down by now. In nov the prices were
getting a bit soft in some places. I saw on Ebay one place selling
brand new ones in qty as low as $59 a piece buy it now . The avg
seemed to be $70-90.

With the word they were locked I thought for sure the prices would
slip and thought maybe a XMas glut would further lower prices and of
course as time goes on prices go down.

Instead in Dec prices seemed to firm maybe sellers anticipating demand
for Xmas. Then I thought in Jan prices will fall again probably even
lower.

You look at Ebay and all the prices are around $90+ now and Newegg is
still selling them for $90. Pricewatch shows a slight increase
recently in the trend of prices.

Was there a shortage of 2500s? Has demand suddenly surged with the
economy supposedly inching back? Or is it all in anitcipation of the
economy in 04? Everyone is a bull now. Is AMD cutting back a bit to
make 64 bit chips? I thought 2500 bartons would be $70 by now.