Old January 7th 05, 08:02 PM
One Million Pictures

The problems are several with this printer.
Firstly it cannot handle greater than 160 GSM paper. Most good (laser) photo
quality is 225 GSM
Second is the fuser. It simply doesn't get hot enough. You can partly
overcome this by selecting "Thick Stock" regardless of using plain paper or
not. When you do this you get enough heat to melt the lubrication in the
toner an produce a sort of semi gloss finish.
You might also care to find some gloss 'Xerox' brand 120 or 160 GSM paper.
Otherwise try 'Neusiedler' brand colour copy paper. Whatever you do... DO
NOT put inkjet paper through it!

wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone have suggestions on printing photos on this 2300DL ?
Sometimes known as Konica-Minolta 2300DL, other times as a QMS 2300DL.
Colors look great on ordinary laser paper but I've tried various brands
of photo-quality paper, both glossy and semi-glossy, and I get crappy
results each time.
Not much help from tech support at Konica-Minolta, which has been
great up to now.
Thanks.