Old November 1st 04, 12:12 AM
Shepİ

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 06:38:17 GMT There I was minding my own business
and then "MustKillMoe-Wheee!" wrote :

My friend has 128mb at pc2100. I want to buy him a 512 pc2700 that's on
sale. Should I take out the 2100 ram entirely?

Depends on his usage but if his board fully supports the speed of the
512 meg then just use that otherwise it will be dragged down to the PC
2100 speed and for the extra 128 meg it may not be worth the bother.
It's quite complicated actually because if the board
supports,"RAM Interleaving" then having the two sticks in could
actually be good however I would stick with my first supposition e.g
use the new single 512 stick.

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply