Old October 17th 07, 03:23 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Shai

Default BIOS Show Laptop's Model Part Number Wrongly

On Oct 8, 8:57 am, "HH" wrote:
Not to worry. You should leave theBIOSalone. Proper updates will be
installed as HP/Compaq and Windows do not merely look at theBIOS, they look
at the hardware and software config for update purposes.

HH

"Shai" wrote in message

oups.com...

I have an HP Presario v6000tx running under XP SP2.

Laptop's Part Number on Invoice and on Bottom is GQ362AV.

Because the BIOS has the wrong Part Number, will I get a Color Purple
Error when I attempt using the Recovery Disks that I made?

BIOSstates Presario V6000 (GB115AV).

GB115A is the P/N of the installed Intel Graphic Accelerator.

What do I lose in not correcting theBIOS?

Will I be getting the wrong updates from HP and/or Microsoft?

How can I correct theBIOS?

I tried setting theBIOSto defaults.

I also used a SP from HP and flashed theBIOS.