Old April 27th 08, 08:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Default Mike Richter is a LIAR (winxp/udf)(violent)

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
http://tinyurl.com/gqnae

(No Mikey S-lickers have been able to prove ANY of the above )
(is a LIBEL -- despite Mikey claimed to have PROOF of libels!)
'

Andreas Eibach wrote:

Well, I do not understand this, and I'm about to e-mail Roxio about this
nonsense.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/udf...e_updates.html

"This is a free download for the convenience of users who do not own Roxio
software however no support is provided for this tool"

Sounds OK.

But once I try to install the .exe provided on that site, I get:

"The Roxio UDFReader has not been detected"

WTF???!

They say this is for users _who do not own_ Roxio software, so why is there
a requirement to detect the reader anyway?

See this (5/14/05) post:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp....4aec559d3cb116

Here's an older version:
http://www.download.com/Adaptec-UDF-...4-9497911.html

BTW, you should NOT be needing the udf reader if you are on Winxp.
(Vista supports udf read and write.)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (winxp/udf)(violent)

=======================
From: Adrian Miller (cRoxio)
Date: 10/29/01

The UDF support built into XP is violently incompatible
with DCD prior to 5.1

Why "violently" incompatible?

From: Mike Richter (cRoxio ****)
Date: 9/7/01

How do I read DirectCD3 CD-RW disks in Windows XP?
Windows XP claims they are empty

XP's UDF reader is new, different and
incompatible with the standard.