Old April 27th 08, 08:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Mark Blain

Default Roxio UDF Reader latest version does not install? (Roxio claims it is standalone, though)

"Andreas Eibach" wrote in
:

Well, I do not understand this, and I'm about to e-mail Roxio about
this nonsense.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/udf...e_updates.html

"This is a free download for the convenience of users who do not own
Roxio software however no support is provided for this tool"

Sounds OK.

But once I try to install the .exe provided on that site, I get:

"The Roxio UDFReader has not been detected"

WTF???!

They say this is for users _who do not own_ Roxio software, so why is
there a requirement to detect the reader anyway?

-Andreas

Someone with the same problem at
http://www.versiontracker.com/php/fe...52960#comments
posted a link to Roxio's Japanese website (translated), which says
there are TWO files you have to download and install to make
this work. I verified that the download links are live, but
didn't install them:

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl...lr%3D%26sa%3DG