Old January 17th 06, 04:44 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Presario 5000: How to get at 3.5" drives?

Per (PeteCresswell):

But I cannot figure out how to get the face of the case off.

I would amend that: what I really meant to say is that I can't get the front
bezel off.

This is a 5005CL. The case is different from most in that instead of a hood
that you lift off to expose the innards, there is only a side panel. The rest
of the case is a single unit.

With the side panel off, I can get to three of the bezel clips on that side and
can pry the bezel up a little - hoping to pivot it on the other side's clips.
But it seems to be hanging up on something so that it cannot be opened more than
about a sixteenth of an inch.

I've got CompaQ's "Maintenance and Service Guide Compaq Presario 5000, 5100, and
5200 Series Computers", but it's removal/replacement procedures refer to a
conventional hooded case and not my case in which only one side panel is
removable.

I'm getting close to unleashing my inner Magilla-The-Gorilla and just duct
taping the thing back together when I'm done.
--
PeteCresswell