Old December 24th 03, 12:40 AM
Tom Scales

Dale,

It was either OfficeMax or Staples -- one was $89 and one was 79. Can't
even remember the brand-name on the box, but it is an NEC-1300 drive. Works
flawlessly.

98SE should be fine and I would think 800Mhz would be OK. Just watch the
Sunday ads. I haven't paid for CD-R blanks in years (free with rebate).
OfficeMax even had DVD+R blanks (10 with slim jewel cases) free with rebate
recently. That was a first.

Tom
"DEJ57" wrote in message
I bought a nice multi-format burner a few weeks ago for $79.

$119 with rebates was the best I'd seen storefront retail. Can you share

where
you got yours? Would it run on WIN98SE? 800MHZ meet the minimal

requirements?

Thanks, Dale