Old March 23rd 12, 06:36 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Looking for the FX 8170

On 22/03/2012 8:26 PM, Ben Williams wrote:
Folks, I know that this post is probably asking for the trolls to pop
up, but I figure I'll post it anyways. I am running on a Phenom II X4
955. I want to upgrade, but I am waiting for the FX 8170 to appear
before I make any firm decision. Bear in mind that I am a gamer and I
will not settle for lame crap. Does anyone here know if we're still on
course for a Q1 2012 release date from AMD for the FX 8170? I am looking
for any sign of when this CPU is to be released. One would hope that AMD
has learned something from its disappointing launch with the other CPUs
released last year. I for one hope that the FX 8170 will put the fear of
God into Intel. Some day, I suspect AMD will come forward with something
that will do it, the only question to be resolved is when they will
finally do it.

Here's some speculated information about it:

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldo...20FX-8170.html

Yousuf Khan