Old March 23rd 12, 01:26 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Ben Williams

Default Looking for the FX 8170

Folks, I know that this post is probably asking for the trolls to pop up,
but I figure I'll post it anyways. I am running on a Phenom II X4 955. I
want to upgrade, but I am waiting for the FX 8170 to appear before I make
any firm decision. Bear in mind that I am a gamer and I will not settle for
lame crap. Does anyone here know if we're still on course for a Q1 2012
release date from AMD for the FX 8170? I am looking for any sign of when
this CPU is to be released. One would hope that AMD has learned something
from its disappointing launch with the other CPUs released last year. I for
one hope that the FX 8170 will put the fear of God into Intel. Some day, I
suspect AMD will come forward with something that will do it, the only
question to be resolved is when they will finally do it.