Old January 6th 06, 11:31 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Presario 5BW130 HDD Install Problem

Matthew S Gillettewrote:
After tossing the old hard drive, I can't get this new Maxtor to take
WINXP.
I just want to load XP and start from scratch. Everything loads fine

for
copying, but on the first reboot before installing Windows, this

Compaq
can't seem to boot through. Is it missing bios info on a non-dos

partition
or something? I've only tried to boot to CD and am using WINXP
partitioning/formatting. I can't find any Compaq bootable disk files

which
will setup this HDD for an OS. Am I missing something glaringly

obvious.
Thank you in advance for any help.

5BW130 5000 Series
Compaq PC
Celeron
667/66 MHz
256 MB
sys rom date: 11.17.00
sysrom family: 686c3
chassis serial #:xxxxxxxxxxxx

I know this sounds silly, but did you take the installation CD out of
the drawer? It sounds like it's booting to the ROM drive over and
over.