Old December 7th 04, 08:02 PM
T Shadow

"Glenn" wrote in message
Folk wrote:
On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 09:24:13 +1300, Glenn wrote:

That would be good option then. Do you know what the application was
called that you could choose "simulated 4 speaker surround" with on the
SB live?

Can't you get that by using the Windows Control Panel "Sounds and
Multimedia" applet?

I couldn't see the option under windows XP. You can select the speaker
type, such as desktop stereo speakers but nothing for a 4 speaker setup.

I found that creative have an application called "Creative Speaker
Settings" which I figured might help a lot. But unfortunately when I try
and run it I get a message that no sound card detected, even the sound
card is running fine with the creative driver installed.

Searching google I found advice to disable my on-board sound card (it
was already disabled in the bios) and disable Plug and play in the bios
(it was enabled so I disabled it) I uninstalled the driver and installed
the latest driver off the creative site, which didn't complain about not
have a compatible sound card, and then tried installing Creative Speaker
Settings, but once again had the same problem.

I managed to track down the original SB Audigy CD, so I uninstalled the
driver and tried using the CD, and again I got the no sound card
detected message.

IIRC you have to do the install from the main CD setup. Installing just the
drivers from the CD isn't enough.
HTH