Old May 23rd 04, 09:58 PM
Margots

Thank's McQualude. The sink was not set properly and now it seems that
i have burn the CPU. OO well, my first time will be memorable. I am
going to get another cpu and hopefull it will work this time. By the
way,Is there another way to check the CPU temperature besides touching
it?
Thank's one more time.
Margots

McQualude wrote in message ...
(Margots) said:

Hi,
Last night i put together a PC and when i started for first time CMOS
setup come up. I started to go through and check setings. Then in
about 5 minits it sudenly the last 5 lines was of letters "
eeeeeeeeeee" and it frezed.

I wonder if anyone has ideas of what
is the problem? I would appreciate any help. Thank's

I would first suspect that the CPU heatsink isn't seated or mounted
properly. Reseat the heat sink, reseat all the cables for good measure,
look around inside the case and make sure there are no screws left inside
and then try it again. Check the temperature of the CPU, if it climbs
rapidly, turn the machine off.