Old December 18th 18, 08:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
rp

Default New system build - reboot loop when attempting to boot from SATA HDD

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 20:33:42 -0600, Char Jackson wrote:

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 22:20:21 +0000 (GMT), "rp"
wrote:

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 13:41:44 -0800, mike wrote:

Another issue I've had recently relates to partition alignment.
I had old drives that were formatted with 32Kbyte partition offset.

That rang a bell with me. I had a system refuse to boot due to the
allocation unit size. I'd tried using a large size for a partition I
used for backup and it did the power off and try again thing even
though the boot and system partitions hadn't changed. This was with
Windows 10 but it wasn't getting far enough to attempt the boot if I
remember correctly.

Good info, but I'm pretty sure alignment isn't the issue. I'll keep it
on the list, though. Thanks.

No, I think you've eliminated that as a potential problem by now, good
luck.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont
e-mail rpont (at) gmail (dot) com