Old December 18th 18, 05:59 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Char Jackson

Default New system build - reboot loop when attempting to boot from SATA HDD

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 00:00:49 -0500, Paul wrote:

Char Jackson wrote:

This afternoon I took a recent Win10 ISO image and burned it to an m.2
NVMe drive. I disconnected the optical drive and the SATA HDD, then
installed the m.2 drive. Twice, out of about 20 boot attempts, I saw a
flash of the initial login screen from Win10, but in every case the
system would power down, pause, and restart. So it's not a Samsung 2TB
SATA HDD issue.

A thread with a good deal of weirdness in it.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/...rd-owners.html

One person may have damaged a CPU.

Hard to believe they don't test this stuff and monitor
the voltage settings the BIOS is using, under lab
conditions.

Ugh, that's an ugly thread. I upgraded from 1.20 to 1.80 with no issues.
Sounds like it could have been a lot worse.