Old July 30th 07, 07:43 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gary Tait

Default How long are manufacturers required to support with cartridges?

Richard Steinfeld wrote in
:

I suspect that this 7-year law has fallen by the wayside. As far as I
know, replacement batteries are not available for Panasonic shavers,
such as the one that I paid around $100 for. I don't see any offered for
sale, and it's conspicuously missing from my owner's manual.

In the case of a personal cassette player/FM radio (also, not a cheap
throw-away, or so I thought) that I wanted to have my technician modify
in order to remove a manufactured-in hum from an otherwise perfectly
good, I asked for a schemetic diagram. Panasonic replied that there was
no service literature for the product because "...it is un-repairable."

Yeah, right.

Richard

Service parts are a different thing than consumables.