Old July 30th 07, 06:56 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Headrick

Default How long are manufacturers required to support with cartridges?

"Arthur Entlich" wrote in message
Some countries have such legislation, some do not. It is advantageous to
companies to continue to produce cartridges as long as the demand is high
enough to be profitable.

And in some cases long beyond when a cartridge remains profitable based only
on its sales. Good will is also a factor. I know of cases where cartridges
were still manufactured when volumes reached a point where a month's demand
would fit in the trunk of my small car :-).

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging