Old August 24th 15, 03:26 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.home.repair,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
micky

Default Linksys in 2003?

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 23 Aug 2015 19:41:42 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

micky wrote:
I'm looking for a wireless parallel print server and I found one on
Amazon and one on Ebay.

These were made in 2003 or 2004 when parallel printers were the norm,
and I'm wondering if Linksys had a bad year, or if it only applied to
their print servers.

The Amazon one was maybe a Linksys WPS32 at various sellers, several at
$20, which seemed cheap enough but, as Paul would suggest, I looked at
the Amazon ratings and it was a 3. with a really large number of 1's
and 2's. Instructions complicated, incomplete, no good, customer
service gives contradictory statements, From customers who generally
loved Linksys and bragged about how many other things from them they had
and

And Ebay's was a Linksys Wireless G Print Server WPS54GU2. So I figured
that one woudl be good It has 3 bids already and 2 hours before it
closes. So I looked and it was on Amazon with iirc a 2.5 rating!!!
Same kinds of complaints. Like the others, from people with 35 years
in computing, network adminstrators etc.

So, Linksys still has a good reputation doesn't it?

Were wireless print servers uncommon enough that if they were bad, most
people didn't notice, and even fewer cared?

So the upshot is, I've run out of room in my office/bedroom and want to
put a big laser printer in the next room. I've given up on wireless
for now and I bought a wired one for 99 cents, plus $6 S&H. It just
means a 4rd wire running through the hall, and only a couple feet for
this one.

What's the bother? You can buy a WiFi printer for ~30.00 and up. There
are tons of USB-parallel converter. I have two WiFi printers one is
color laser, one is inkjet photo printer both are NFC, airprint capable.
I bought the laser one on sale for less than 200.00, photo printer for

I can't spend money like you can.

49.00 which is 4 in 1 printer.