Old July 5th 14, 11:35 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mort[_2_]

Default Problem Starting New H-P 8250 PHotosmart

Charlie+ wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 15:16:55 -0400, Mort wrote as
underneath :

Charlie+ wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jul 2014 21:33:21 -0400, Mort wrote as
underneath :

Mort wrote:
Charlie+ wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 18:25:39 -0400, Mort wrote as
Hi,

H-P just sent me an on-line questionnaire, detailing how satisfied I am
with their support. I suspect that they will not be pleased with my
reply, just as I am not pleased with my brand new $250.- HP 8250
printer that cannot print and never will, due to their weird and
annoying company policy.

Mort Linder

snip
Do you have equivalent legislation to our UK "Not fit for purpose"
argument that you might get to help, even tho you didnt buy retail? C+

Hi,

I do not know the details of "lemon laws" here regarding things other
than automobiles, but hiring an attorney for this would cost me much
more than the price of the printer.

Mort Linder

We also have "small claims court" which allows you to persue them in
person, but Im not saying it would be easy or without effort!!! C+

Hi,

I have some experience with small claims court, but it is almost always
disappointing. It involves a 2-stage process. First, you hope to get a
positive ruling by a judge. After that, if the person or company does
not reimburse or pay you, you have to go to the local sheriff, fill out
forms, and pay him a fee. Then he gets someone to serve papers on the
opponent. Even then, they often refuse to pay. Unless it is a matter of
thousands of dollars, it just is not worth the effort and concern to
even start with small claims court. So, you usually walk away,and hope
that it does not happen again.

Thanks for your comment,

Mort