Old June 16th 14, 03:19 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mort[_2_]

Default Problem Starting New H-P 8250 PHotosmart

From: "Mort"

Hi,
Running Windows, I have been using H-P 8250 printers for years,as
their 6 ink cartridge setup gives me beautiful colors in photographs.
I just tried to use a brand new boxed 8250 which I kept in reserve for
a year or so. I get an error message on its screen:
"Wrong cartridges installed. Use the introductory cartridges that were
shipped with your printer." Inasmuch as this was an open box item, the
seller apparently included standard H-P cartridges, not the
introductory type.

The printer will not print, but keeps on displaying the error message.
I called H-P support per telephone,but they were less than helpful,
just spouting generalized platitudes. They tried very hard to sell me
a new printer, which I do not want.

Does anyone know how I can get this computer to work? I would greatly
appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Mort Linder

Install new carts or even swap the carts out of the other unit and
install them in this alternate printer.

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I did exactly that already,and it does not
work. The H-P web site has a statement that new printer ships with
introductory cartridges which allegedly have a special ink mixture for
starting a new machine. Frankly, I wonder if it is a security gimmick.

Their telephone tech support guy talked in circles, did not answer my
question of how to fix it or how to purchase a set of introductory inks.
His main thrust was to sell me a new H-P printer, which is ridiculous
for many reasons.

So I have a brand new printer which refusues to work, and NO support at
all from H-P. How the mighty have fallen.

Thanks again.

Mort