Old July 8th 11, 12:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Ilya Zakharevich

Default Best way to clean retail audio CD

Jim wrote:

I have a few retail audio CD's and when played on hi-fi they skip a little
bit, I was wondering what would be a good way to repair this issue, I have
heard of all the old stuff like toothpaste but don't fancy that is there
something I could use in the home that would work for sure or maybe buy
something to get rid of what ever is causing the skipping

On 2011-07-06, Tony wrote:
Just save the songs as .wav files then burn them onto a blank cd as an audio
disk in disc at once format.

Won't help if the disk is already skipping. One needs a
for-one-reading-session repair before "saving".

I found that using some transparent hand lotion (I used aloe vera ;-)
to fill the scratches works wonders. (Of course, one should remove
all the excesses by wiping in radial direction. And just in case, I
was using an old CD drive in case the drops of lotion get in a bad
place... BTW, I got no problem afterwards.)

Ilya