Old April 24th 04, 09:50 AM
NuT CrAcKeR

If the 950 has one of those big heatspreaders, they run reallly cool. I ran
a 900 (100FSB) at 140FSB for a long, long time and it was great. The caps on
the board i had bowed and leaked, and then the board wouldnt work anymore.
Broadband is quite reliable these days, but it always comes down to the
provider, and the quality of your power broker.

You dont need anything extravegant for the HSF...

Dont forget to add a NIC to your list of things you will need. I havent had
nor used a modem in years. Havent needed to.

LC

"Pat Blank" wrote in message
. ..
"NuT CrAcKeR" wrote in
:

you might have problems with the modem. That is the most common
problem that I hear about.

If you know anyone with an extra one, or the old v90 they took out of
thier PC when they got broadband, see if you can have that onhand just
incase. something very compatable, like a zoom, or USR, or something
like that.

That thing has a 667 in it... you could probably kick that up to
1Ghz...socketed CPU, right ?

Well, this thing is going to be hooked up to broadband, but I'd like to
have the modem as a backup. I actually have a Celeron 950 to try in it,
but I think I need a better heatsink/fan.

--
Pat - pat(underscore)blank(at)hotmail(dot)com